Non-Surgical treatments at Dr. Zachary Gerut’s Long Island plastic surgery practice give you the opportunity to remove years from your appearance without the expense, time and recovery involved in a cosmetic surgery procedure. Long Island men and women appreciate Dr. Gerut’s many years of experience in delivering superior results in anti-aging treatments that include the following.
Dermal fillers are FDA-approved, manufactured substances that are injected into the face and/or back of the hands to plump up the treated area. They’re terrific at filling in wrinkles anywhere in the face, such as the lines between the nose and mouth (the nasolabial lines), the lines between the mouth and chin (the marionette lines), in the lines above the lips (called smoker’s lines) and to plump the lips themselves. Featured at our Long Island plastic surgery practice are:
- Belotero: This hyaluronic acid (HA) filler lasts about 6 months, it’s particularly great for smile lines and vertical lip lines (sometimes called smoker’s lines)
- Bellafill,which lasts 5 years or more, was specifically designed for nasolabial folds, the wrinkles between your nose and your mouth, but can be used for any deep wrinkles and even to plump the cheeks, chin or other areas.
- Fat: I’d be remiss not to include autologous fat as a dermal filler. Obtained from your own body via liposuction, your fat lasts longer than even the best manufactured dermal filler.
- Juvéderm: Another HA filler, it’s popular for the cheeks and nasolabial folds, and a favorite for plumping the lips! Lasts up to 2 years.
- Restylane was the first HA filler on the market and has been used in numerous locations on the face as well in the lips. It lasts up to 12 months, but less so in the lips.
- Sculptra is a long-lasting synthetic of lactic acid. A short cycle of treatments are required for gradual improvement in deep wrinkles and for the following purposes
- hollow cheeks
- to soften “boney” cheekbones
- to fill nasolabial folds & marionette lines
- hollows in the chin area
- to create definition in the jawline
- to fill hollow temples
- Voluma is designed specifically to plump the cheeks, under the eyes, and around the mouth. Lasts 18-24 months or longer.
Wrinkle relaxers are designed to relax the “muscles of animation,” which are those that “move” with facial expressions, such as around the eyes (crow’s feet), between the brows (11’s), and in the forehead. Botox and Dysport are both composed of botulinum toxin. Their composition is just slightly different, but results are comparable. You’ll see improvement in the injected areas within a few days and will need another treatment within 3-6 months. If you begin using Botox or Dysport before you have advanced signs of aging, you may be able to avoid some wrinkles, which is a wonderful plus of using these products!
Whatever your age, skin concerns and needs, you can improve your skin dramatically with regular skin care delivered by the hands of a talented, skilled licensed aesthetician. Our practice offers numerous skin treatments, including chemical peels, facials, microdermabrasion and laser hair removal. Call our office for the latest menu and special offers!
Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Minimize or even eliminate scars from trauma or acne, wrinkles and skin irregularities with laser skin treatments! We can improve your skin’s tone and texture, address hyperpigmentation, and a myriad of other issues through laser technology.
Computer Imaging: Vectra-3D
If you’ve ever wanted a crystal ball to see the results of your plastic surgery in advance, that’s almost what a Vectra-3D can do! First, we take a photo of the area to be changed. Then we apply changes to the photo and voila! You can see the difference between your “now” and your “then” in an instant. Ask us about computer imaging when you come for your personal consultation.